Wonderland-Labs values every one of our clients who’ve made us the #1 lab for exotic botanicals such as Kava, Kratom, Dagga, Lotus, Kanna, and others. We know that waiting for test results can be an anxious time. Because of this, we do our best to keep you notified of any important milestone during the testing process via our WONDERLAND CLIENT DASHBOARD
. But, despite wishing we could treat every client as our only client, there are limits, including physical limits to what we can accomplish with testing speed. Here are a few key points:
01. Total turnaround time is typically about 2 weeks. Most labs won’t touch the herbs that we have created detailed profiles for over the years of testing exotic botanicals. If labs do handle the herbs you want tested, there’s often an initial handling charge that can run into the thousands. Not us. We already have references, profiles, and fingerprints for what is often hundreds of varieties of a single herb, especially when it comes to Kava, Kratom and a few others which will soon include cannabinoids. And, although we’ve seen a logarithmic increase in sample submissions over the past 6 months, we still deliver your results in about 2 weeks time, and often much faster.
We do have express service for a fee (outlined on the Sample Requisition Form) if you need faster turnaround times. Fees vary from 1.5x to 2x for express services. If we happen to get your results to you before the standard two week window, then you got lucky, or you paid the express fee for faster results.
02. You get an email whenever there is data to report to you. We truly are here to service you, but unfortunately, repeatedly calling us and/or leaving multiple voice mails asking us for the status of your order will not get you your order any faster or get you any additional information we don’t provide when we have it to provide you via email. We really do understand how stressful it can be waiting for testing results, and because of this we often send you invoices, partial results, and complete results via email the moment we have them compiled into certificates.
ADDITIONALLY, in an effort to serve our clients even better, we are completed a private “CLIENTS” section of our website with a dashboard for all current and (soon) past clients. You will have your own login, with everything related to your current and past projects available to you, including all documentation associated with your project. If you don’t have a Sample Set Number, it’s because one has not been assigned to you yet. We send an email with your Sample Set Number the moment we get it, but it can take a short while for your samples to come up next in the queue.
Larger sample sets can also take more time. If you send us several samples at a time, that multiplies the time it will physically take to incubate the material and to gather the results. Also, all results come out as a series of numbers that need to be compiled into certificates. These conversions take time to compile and make official and pretty. They’re also compiled as a set, so a set of 6 will inevitably take longer than a set of two, and so on.
03. There are physical limits to testing speeds. Material has to incubate for 1-5 days, depending on the material and the test. We have anywhere between 6-24 tests a day on average at the moment. AND, if a test comes out inconclusive, we will need to run a second test to verify the results of the first test. This will require an additional 1-5 days, depending on the test we need to repeat. Once your material is in the queue, though, results come up in about 24-48 hours for Alkaloid/ID, 48-72 for Heavy Metals, and 72-96 for Biological testing. These speeds cannot be increased no matter how fast we work as time is needed for incubation.
04. Detailed answers are on our website. We’re happy to answer your questions, but in all honesty, you will usually find more comprehensive and detailed answers on our website. Please take the time to look at the FAQ section of the website for an answer to your question first. If you can’t find it (a rare event), then feel free to call us for clarification. The Submission Forms look complicated, but take a few minutes to look them over and you will see they’re actually quite simple.
Trying to describe our panel of tests over the phone is far more complicated than having a look at the menu of our services listed in detail in the FAQ section. We tell you exactly what you need to know in terms of how much material to send, where to send it, what will happen while it’s with us, examples of the certificates we issue, what happens if a sample comes up positive for pathogens and more. Every key question that’s ever been asked of us over the past decade have been compiled into a few detailed, but easy-to-understand answers in the FAQ section of www.wonderland-labs.com
05. Kratom clients are extra-anxious. We don’t know why this is, but a very clear pattern has developed, especially recently at Wonderland-Labs: Of all the different types of clients we work with, the clients who send us Mitragyna speciosa samples tend to call, email, and text us far more, and far more often than any other clients. (We’ve even had more than a few clients call, then text, and then email, all in a row, every 1-3 days). It’s an exciting time and we know there are many new companies out there who are working with Kratom or wisely upgrading their manufacturing process to include Certificates of Analysis. This is why we have a more extensive portfolio of profiles than any other lab, and create new reference standards every few weeks to ensure the continued accuracy or our results, test after test after test. We really are going as fast as we can!
Most importantly, you will know when your samples have made it into the queue, because you will be sent an invoice the moment they come up for testing. Shortly, you will be first mailed a Sample Set number, and you will be able to go to the “STATUS” page of our website to see the status of your sample(s). Until then, once you receive an invoice, this typically means your results are (but not always), just a few more days away. As soon as we get positive alkaloid percentages and material identification, we will often send you those results first, but not all the time, especially if it’s a large sample set. You can request to “Send results as they complete.” on the Requisition Form if you want results as they come up instead of a single tidy package.
We don’t want clients to be discouraged from calling us to ask questions. But we ask you to do just a little homework first, to check your spam folder for any email(s) from us, to understand the workflow at the lab, and to have looked at the detailed answers we offer on the FAQ Section of our website before calling.
THEN, if you’ve done your homework and a week has passed without hearing a peep from us, feel free to contact us.
CRITICAL NOTE: ALWAYS REMEMBER TO SEND US AN EMAIL WHEN YOU HAVE PAID YOUR INVOICE.
PayPal is notoriously bad at notifying vendors of payments and our bank never tells us when a new electronic payment has arrived and/or cleared. Electronic transfers can take 1-5 days to clear, depending on the speed you send payment. And, just because you’ve paid your invoice, doesn’t mean you will get your results. We invoice once we add your samples to the queue, so when results are ready, compiled, and made into PDF certificates, we will be able to release your results as quickly as possible to you.
LAST BUT NOT LEAST: IF YOU HAVE NOT HEARD FROM US, IT’S BECAUSE WE HAVE NOT YET HAD A CHANCE TO PROCESS AND VERIFY YOUR PAYMENT OR RESPOND. IF YOU OVERNIGHT US MATERIAL, PLEASE KNOW THAT YOU WILL ONLY GET SAME OR NEXT DAY SERVICE IF YOU HAVE SPECIFICALLY PAID FOR THE EXPRESS SERVICE. IF WE DON’T RESPOND TO AN EMAIL YOU SEND US IMMEDIATELY, WE PROMISE THAT WE WILL GET TO IT AS SOON AS WE CAN. WE ARE LIMITED BY LINEAR TIME CONSTRAINTS AND DO PROCESS SAMPLES, PAYMENTS, EMAILS, AND ANSWERS AS FAST AS WE HUMANLY CAN.
PATIENCE IS THE BEST THING YOU CAN GIVE US AS A CLIENT, AND WE PROMISE ACCURATE RESULTS FOR AN EXTREMELY REASONABLE PRICE IN RETURN.